Sisters International's Local Groups
Sisters International has over 23 local groups all over Sweden, with more local groups being added each year.
The purpose of Sisters Internationals local groups are partly to in their own city, work for Sisters International's vision; to through the power of the Gospel, mediate reconciliation, establish relationships, give new hope, and practical help, so that God's kingdom will grow both in Sweden and in other countries, and partly to recruit new members to the organization. This purpose is made possible through Sisters International...
- supporting other existing women's organizations through active networking
- supporting female entrepreneurship through education and coaching
- supporting other women's organizations work for human rights
- starting up training and education that provides self-help
- engaging people to prayer and practical help for vulnerable groups such as women and children
- building networks in different ways for the vision and the objective to be achieved
A local group can look different depending on where in the country it is located. The common denominator is that it acts as a meeting place for women of all ages. Local groups are preferably operated in cooperation with a local church, where the group can be a support for the congregation's already existing or planned work. This can be done through regular monthly meetings or by becoming a support for the already existing work in the church. Here are some things that Sisters International's local groups are a part of arranging...
- worship- & prayer events, conferences, girls evenings, women's breakfasts.
- Practical projects in the city depending on the need; local efforts that are made to be helpful to the city needs (night walks, mentoring, soup kitchen, second hand, "buddy at school", etc.)
- Distribution of Sisters Christmas Bags
- Mentoring Program